Potential Issues with 6.1 MP1 Upgrade

There are two major issues with the 6.0-6.1MP1 upgrade path that I encountered that you need to be aware of. I don't know if these issues happen all the time, but it happened to me enough and on a variety of different environments that I thought it would be worth passing along. One of these issues will present itself immediately, while the other issue you might not realize for a while.

The first issue lies with the configuration files related to the search server. After you run the installer to do the upgrade, make sure you check the following files before trying to start the...


Changing SSO Settings

I was recently at a client site who was having problems with their Single Sign-On Settings. They were using RSA ClearTrust with ALUI running behind WebLogic 8.1 and were seeing performance issues related to SSO. We started troubleshooting the problem by looking at a combination of RSA settings, the portalconfig.xml, and various settings on Apache and WebLogic.

The first thing that we found, which is a common best practice that is avoided, was that the whole portal application was protected by SSO instead of just the SSOServlet. When SSO is enabled in the portal, the first thing the...


Configuring ALBPM Enterprise Edition (WebLogic) with SQL Server

I recently ran into an issue with ALBPM 5.7 MP2 when it was deployed on Weblogic 9.2. The Engine would look like it started properly, but automatic activities within a process would not be executed. Upon closer review of the Engine Log, this error was seen:

An exception occurred while executing a transaction. Details: An error occurred while accesing the database. Technical detail: SQL statement: ' SELECT DUETIME, ID, PROCESSID, INSTID, THREADID, TSTAMP, TYPE, ACTIVITYNAME, ORIGINPROCESSDN, REALTHREADID, NETYPE, PRIORITY, LATER, DATA FROM PTODOITEMS WITH (ROWLOCK , UPDLOCK) WHERE...

Stay In Touch